Monday, February 2, 2009

OMG! It's February!

I woke up today and realized that it's 2 February 2009. Didn't I just finish blogging about our Christmas vacation? L and I have been living in The Netherlands for five months, which means I've been house-wife-ing for five months. This realization has led me to a semi-existential crisis, which has led me to list down the top ten reasons why I think I have not been wasting my time in The Netherlands:

1. I now know 50 essential Dutch words. Dank u wel! Korting! Schoenen!
2. I am learning French. J'ai vignt-deux ans!
3. I have read a lot of books, and have seen quite a number of movies. (And they're not all trash! I promise!)
4. I lost weight, gained weight, and lost weight, resulting in a net weight loss of two lbs. (Yay!)
5. I now know how to slice cheese properly. (Hence net weight loss of only two lbs.)
6. I am extremely up-to-date with world news (CNN is the only fully English language channel we have).
7. I have new friends. (And they're real people!)
8. I have gained some facility with cooking, cleaning, doing laundry and steaming/ironing. (I'm on my way to becoming a real woman!)
9. I have been to more museums in five months than any other five month period in my lifetime. (And I haven't even been to Madame Tussaud's!)
10. For the first time since high school, I now regularly get eight hours of sleep every night. (A good side effect is that I no longer fall asleep while reading contracts. Though it might have been because I was reading contracts.)

Whaddya think? Not bad for five months.

1 comment:

Jona said...

Idol kita, GHR-L!