I understand Israel and Georgia, but the Philippines?!? The Philippines?!?
I don't get it. Was it:
- McCain's tax plan (the Philippines already uses Obama's preferred system - progressive taxation - which is required by our Constitution)?
- Obama's youth (many of our Congressmen are under 40)?
- the Republican preference for smaller government (even if we blame government for many of our social problems, which evinces a preference for a big, welfare type government)?
- abortion, stem-cell research, gay unions (okay, I understand the opposition to this given the predominantly Catholic population, but it never affected support for Clinton or the other Democrats)?
- personality (they prefer the folksy, small town America McCain/Palin public profile)?
Do let me know what you think. I haven't been home in four years, so I may be completely in the dark about prevailing sentiments.