Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Really Lazy Weekend

I was exhausted on Friday night. I've been hit by deal after deal - in two weeks I have lost 5 pounds from skipping lunch and sometimes dinner, sleeping five hours a day and working 16 hours straight (that's about 15 hours of billable time) every day. At 8:30 p.m. on Friday I shut down my computer, put my blackberry ring volume on loud, and took a cab home.

Once I got home a I ate some crackers and cheese and watched TV while answering e-mails. At 11:00, I decided to go to sleep. And I slept for ten hours. 

On Saturday morning, L. and I had to do errands at Causeway Bay. We got home at 2 p.m. I fell asleep again.

I woke up at 5:30 p.m. L.'s cousin from the US came over to HK for a medical conference, so we invited him over for dinner. I cooked, we had a great dinner of sun-dried tomato pasta and mediterranean lamb salad, we discussed Wong Kar Wai films. He left at 10:00 p.m. I was asleep by 10:30 p.m.

I was asleep for nine hours. L. and I spent the entire Sunday just hanging around the apartment watching movies ("4 months, 3 weeks and 2 days", "No Country for Old Men" and "27 Dresses"). I had a nap in between the first and second movie.

It's now 7:50 p.m., and another weekend has gone. Tomorrow it's going to be another furious round of e-mails, phone calls and document drafting. 

Weekends are just too short.

No comments: