Friday, June 20, 2008

June 19, 2008

I had a busy day last Thursday. As a counter to my May 28, 2008 post on how extremely slow it was that day, here is my busy day for purposes of perpetuity (and for when I'm old and grey and smacking my gums I'll remember why I drank a lot of caffeine):

7:30 a.m.  Alarm rings. Hit on snooze button.
7:50 a.m.  Woke up. Checked blackberry and saw a gazillion e-mails. Gave audible sigh and said "It's going to be a busy day."
8:45 a.m.  Took bus to work. Had breakfast at Deli-O: Beef noodle soup. Bought coffee at Starbucks.
9:30 a.m.   Instructed English trainee S. to fix notarization and apostilling of Bank X's documents and power of attorneys, and to send to Ukraine counsel when done.
9:45 a.m.  E-mails to New York counsel of counterparty in connection with registration of amendments to Mauritius documents (in relation to Project A).
10:00 a.m. E-mailed six revised security documents to counterparty, their English counsel and their Malaysian counsel (in relation to Project B).
10:30 a.m. E-mailed counsel of security trustee to Project B, telling her why we couldn't accept most of their comments.
11:30 a.m. Reviewed indenture for Project C. 
1:00 p.m.  Bought lunch (Tuna sandwich on multi grain bread). Ate lunch while reading article about Michelle Obama on the New York Times website.
1:30 p.m.  BBB tells me I'm staffed on two new share backed financing Projects and asks me to contact Indonesian, BVI, Cayman and Singapore local counsels to give them background details, inform them of timing and to collect fee quotes.
3:00 p.m.  Drafted fee letters and revised facility agreement for Project B. Answered questions from investment bank arranging the facility.
6:00 p.m. Phone call from L., asking if I'll be going home soon. I said I could probably leave in an hour and a half, when I finish revising the facility agreement for Project B.
7:30 p.m.  Phone call from BBB, telling me that client for Project D wants facility agreement by tomorrow afternoon, so I need to have a draft ready for his review by lunchtime tomorrow. I phone Cuisine Courier and order food from Archie B's deli (Tuna Melt and green salad).
7:35 p.m.   Read term sheet for Project D. Talked to overnight secretary and told her I'll send her something to encode at midnight.
7:50 p.m.   Started drafting Facility Agreement. 
8:30 p.m. Ordered food arrives. I place it in the pantry and go back to work.
11:45 p.m. Gave secretary precedent documents and riders, and gave instructions on encoding and global changes. Emphasized these had to be ready when I came in at 8:00 a.m., for my further drafting. Chomped on crackers while giving instructions. Took cab home.
12:00 a.m. Got home. L. waiting up for me and watching TV. Read novel (The Yiddish Policeman's Union by Michael Chabon).
1:00 a.m.  Slept and dreamt about becoming a yoga instructor.

Note to self: a busy day is a good way to lose weight.

No comments: