Monday, May 12, 2008

Movie Day

When I was living in New York and in Singapore, I would go and watch movies alone when I had some free time and no one to spend it with. I never did that back home in Manila, since there was always someone to go watch a movie with and, well, it didn't feel very safe. 

Today is a holiday, and L. unfortunately had to go to work. I had to hang out in Central in order to make a dash for the office if an e-mail requiring me to go to work came (it never did). After reading a book, I decided I should try and see if there were any free seats to a movie. There were, and I was able to watch two movies, in succession, alone: "The Other Boleyn Girl" and "Iron Man".

The movies were good - one rekindled my girl-crush on Natalie Portman and the other rekindled my high school crush on Robert Downey, Jr. I also enjoyed popcorn with one movie, chips and dip with the other movie, both served with tall diet pepsi. (L., now you know why I could only eat a spring roll after.)

The most important thing to take away from this day? Batman's got nothing on Ironman!